Our experienced Engineering Wood Product (EWP) engineers and designers will help you take your project from the blueprint stages to the finished construction product successfully.
As a leader among Illinois' lumberyards and construction materials providers, Cook County Lumber has the ability to provide you with a detailed estimate of materials for projects of any size. From a simple deck... to a complex custom home... to the largest commercial project—we can calculate the materials needed for the job.
When it comes to commercial buildings, the Cook County Lumber estimating team can work closely with your architect and project managers to create an accurate list that will bring your project in on time and on budget.
Cook County Lumber offers on-site design and engineering services for roof and floor trusses and I-Joist engineered flooring systems. Our experienced, award-winning design staff can turn your construction challenge into an opportunity to improve your project!
- Engineered layouts for products sold from submitting architectural drawings, including:- Sizing of structural members
- Verifying the acceptability of specified load bearing members
- Value engineering floor systems
- Resolving structural issues
- Providing calculations as required for installation or agency approvals
- Engineered calculations based upon submitted structural information and drawings.
- Construction support for the EWP products sold, including:- Site visits to resolve construction issues relating to the EWP products sold
- Provide engineering properties for the products sold.
- Answer technical questions pertaining to the products sold, including:- Engineering properties of EWP products sold as well as lumber sold
- Span charts
- Installation details
Expert Engineering Support for Your Construction Project.
Our Cook County Lumber Engineer/Designer's are available to provide consultation on topics such as:
- IRC Wall Bracing
- Moisture and Mold Prevention
- I-Joist and LVL Floor Systems
- Shear Walls and Diaphragms
- Code Changes Affecting
- Preventing Floor Squeak and Callbacks
- Picture Perfect Framing – Minimizing Common Callbacks
- Inspecting Engineered